Positive Reasons to Encourage Fitness in the Workplace
As business owners, we should always remember that our most important assets are our employees. We want our employees to enjoy their work environment and bring the best of themselves to their job every day. Encouraging our employees to embrace fitness as a lifestyle choice can pay off in many ways!
- Fit employees are less likely to get sick. A person who is physically fit is less likely to catch the "bug going around".
- Fit employees have more energy. Having more energy through out the day allows the employee to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Fit employees can have more self-confidence to challenge themselves and strive for higher levels of achievement in the workplace.
- Fit employees tend to have better attitudes. They are more likely to "feel good" about the day ahead of them, having a more positive attitude in the workplace.
- Regular exercise can release the emotional tensions that life sometimes brings our way - Fit employees are less likely to feel these levels of stress.
Group activities like football, netball, tennis or corporate gym memberships are wonderful ways to encourage fitness and teamwork in your workplace. A healthy workplace is a HAPPY workplace.